Monday, January 30, 2017

Hẹn Gặp Lại Viet Nam

See You Later, Viet Nam



End of story. In one day and a wake up, if nothing much happens, and whatever does will probably be just more same same, as they say here. 



Moved from Hoa's Place near Marble Mountain to Hippy House in An Bang village on the beach near Hoi An. One day I tried my "waterproof" video cam in the surf.


Went to the Old Town in Hoi An city, a tourist destination, and got me one a them pointy coolie hats. It is a colorful town. Vietnam is a colorful country. 



Hit a place where I had nothing to do but same same, so I broke up the tedium by getting a massage every day. I always liked a massage. The 60's were full of them, sometimes given with love. There are "spa's" up and down the street - these are real massage salons, "happy endings" are illegal here - so I decided to try a new place each day. Tet came, so some places closed, and I ended up being fought over by two, across the street from one another, the V Spa and the Coconut Spa. What fun. 




Not really, it's sort of uncomfortable; and finally narrowed down to the same masseuse anyhow; Nguyễn Xi. Both spas called her to come because she lives nearby and is good at her work. She gets better every day too, because she...well, I don't know why, she just does. 

So that's it, one more day, then five more airports. Vietnam is cool, I may come back; but finally there's nothing of personal interest here, I wasn't in the war. No Incas.

Warm beaches, fast internet, good food, and difference; those are what I came for, those are what I found. Now I know, I need to see the sea from time to time. If you listen back behind the rush of the surf, there's a deep primeval thunder, with a rhythm like a heartbeat. And the motion, the moving of it, measures time so beautifully.



No comments:

Post a Comment