Friday, November 21, 2014

Munay




I lent out my spare room to two 30-year-old gynecoids a few days ago because I'd been admiring their mud-spattered gear-festooned motorbikes the day before (not knowing whose), and then they showed up a few meters from my gate, DRZ400's chugging, asking about hostels. They're riding from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego. They're friendly, and we've been kicking around the last few days when they weren't off somewhere else, doing active stuff and talking our heads off - they both like to talk and we have affinity.

They impress me a lot, for more than a few reasons, and our Venn diagram has a lot of overlap, but I'll be relieved when they go because, although a 38-year age differential makes it ethically and practically infeasible to make a move on either of them, I haven't outgrown desire. They have a very slick video blog so I can follow their further adventures. I'd like to be them for a week, either or both, and I kinda was for a minute there.


One outcome of this is that I've signed up with a web service called Couchsurfing in which you offer free lodging to trekkers, and can request it when you travel. I've minimally furnished the other room with foam mattress and electric shower, so if you're passing through, there it is. If we don't hit it off, no loss, you can have your room and I have mine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment